Thursday, September 13, 2012

I met an Angel today


Patricia & Kristy outside my room.
My angel.
Today I got to meet a lady called Patricia Walka, she is an administrator here are MSKCC. Both Kristy and I had spoken to her at length on the phone. It was she who after all the appeals to insurance failed and calls to employers and anyone else we could think of failed, decided to find a way to make it happen because she knew our family needed this.  She fought on our behalf with insurance along with Kristy to get them to commit to as much as possible. But when insurance fell short, she made sure I could still have the transplant through a fund for the under insured. She made the difference, between it happening and it not. I could never thank her enough for this chance she has given me to live a long normal life. It may not happen that way - but I have a chance.

3 comments: