Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day +4

Today was another fairly uneventful day.  Matt Long came by to hang out with Brian for a little bit(thanks Matt!) while I was being treated to a NY Jets game by my friend Kara!  Right now it's late and I'm pretty tired, so I'm going to keep this short...

His counts today were: WBC 0.1, hemoglobin 9.2, platelets 5, and creatinine 1.4.  Needless to say, he got another platelet transfusion and all went well.  Not quite sure when hemoglobin will start dropping, but we're not really gamblers so we're just taking it one day at a time and thankful for each day that he doesn't need a transfusion.

Today was also James's 4th birthday!  We were very sad to not be with our son on his birthday, but we got to sing to him via Skype and that put a smile on his face!  If I had a glass of wine right now, I would be raising it to having many more birthday celebrations together as a family - that's the whole point of this transplant...to continue being a family for many, many years.  So although missing one birthday was difficult, in the big scheme of things it's worth it if it enables us to have many more than we otherwise would have.  (I hope I'm making sense at this late hour!)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to James! Here's to many more celebrations with Mom and DAD. Your numbers remind me of how mine went. It seems my hemoglobin held for a week and then dropped. Praying you get lots of rest and the side effects just aren't there! Thank you for keeping us posted. It lets me know how to pray!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete