Friday, September 21, 2012

Day +16 spent in Central Park (well some of it).

I am really tired generally and I had my first visit to outpatient clinic post transplant. I would have bet my hemoglobin was low and I might even need a transfusion but it had gone from 7.7 to 8.8 and platelets had gone from 32 to 53! So no blood products needed...I'm just tired! And I guess 16 days post transplant, thats okay. After lab we went to Central Park found a tree with shade and sat and ate and chatted. Alysa a friend from KC is here for the weekend so all 3 of us got to spend over and hour sitting and enjoying the park!
This evening Kristy and Alysa are going to see a show which should be fun. I have planned a very quiet evening, today was great but I am bushed! I haven't any photos with me right now but we have some nice ones and will post them soon.
Thanks as always for the notes of encouragement.

4 comments:

  1. I am SO happy things are going well! Congrats on the blood numbers. I know you are relieved. Stay away from the nasty bugs and you are sailing well. Yeah, you are supposed to be tired. But that will get better soon, you have just forgotten. :-) Keep up the good work and I will keep praying!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you are doing so well. Must have been a nice change sitting in the park under a tree! Keep getting better and better. Still praying and keeping you and your family in our thoughts. We love you guys!

    Kim and John

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all so pleased that everything is going so well. It's understandable that you are feeling tired but the numbers look great. Continue to take care of yourself and love to all. Mary & Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad things are going so well for you, Brian! How great that you got to get out and enjoy a little bit of fall at the park! I have been reading your blog daily and am praying that things continue to go great and you can come home soon :)

    Jenny McCoy

    ReplyDelete