Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Day +14 and I'm leaving for Hope Lodge

Hope Lodge found a room for me so I leave today! This is about a week earlier than planned so I am pretty happy. I still feel tired but that is just a combination of drugs, low hemoglobin, a hospital bed and getting up at 5.30 - if only I could jump on a bike at that time I'd be a very happy boy.
MSKCC has been great, the nurses day and night are really great and everyone else have also been great. Having said that I hope I never stay here again!
The outpatient lab will be a twice a-week trip from now, but that is fine. Staying outpatient is my plan. Today I finished opening the cards Kristy secretly organized for me. Thank you for the words or encouragement it was a fun thing to do every day.
So now the next phase begins, Hope Lodge will be my home for the next while and hopefully I get stronger and stronger there. Staying infection free is the plan and letting my body heal.

3 comments:

  1. We are so happy for you, Brian! We will continue our thoughts and prayers for you as you grow stronger at the Hope Lodge.

    Kim and John

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic! Can you post an address for you there? I might like to send you a care package :-) So very happy for both of you! Still praying!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! We're continuing to pray that all goes well as you transitition into the "outside world."

    Sarah & Julien

    ReplyDelete