Well I guess I picked up a bug...Adenovirus. They found it in my blood at 116,000 copies per micro liters, I'm told that is high. My only symptom seems to be a high fever, as documented. I ended up going to Urgent care again Friday morning at 2am and having more tests (when the only positive one had been done on Wednesday - but either the result wasn't back or it wasn't picked up).
So now an infectious disease doctor is consulting with Dr Koehne to decide on a way forward.
One of the standard drugs they could use is Cidofovir, the only problem is that it is toxic to kidneys and normally not given to patients with an elevated creatinine...mine was 2.2 at last check. So there is a clinical trial that maybe available....I am waiting to see if I qualify. Another option is to see if my body can fight the virus off, I'll have to check with my doctor to see how intelligent that would be.
So we'll see...
Update: I'm being admitted tonight (Monday night) and start Cydofovir (I think that's the correct spelling) tomorrow, the other options are not on the table anymore. Good news is though, through hyperhydration (me drinking lots) I managed to bring my creatinine down to 1.5 and I'll get IV fluids tonight to try to bring it down even more before they start Cydofovir.
So again, we wait and see...
Praying that the virus is healed quickly, very quickly. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteCarla
thanks Carla, me too.
DeleteSorry for the viral setback, Brian. Definitely praying the anti-viral works quickly. Drink up! Those fluids are good for you. I am relieved to hear you could drink the creatinine value to normal!
ReplyDeleteJanet