Well here we are...still here. Last Wednesday was clinic day and I saw Dr Koehne. He had managed to drive into Manhattan. Some of the staff I met are staying at the hospital as they have no way of traveling to and from. Others who live on Manhattan described their appartment as a 'dorm'!
So my vitals are still fine which is great, I am loosing a bit of weight 1.5lbs this week and a total of about 6.5lbs since leaving hospital. I have no real appitite which doesn't help.
Blood work is fine Hgb 11, Plt 133, Wbc 4.something.
I was supposed to get treatment but it had been canceled and only emergency treatments were being provided. Which puts things back a little, I get the delayed IVIG next Tuesday, then the final IVIG 4 weeks from then. My very last scheduled proceedure/treatment is a bone marrow biopsy on December 5th and then (all going well) I can go home! I can't wait! But I guess I will...wait.
We have been very lucky here at the Hope Lodge, we never lost power through the hurricane. We are pretty much on the dividing line, streets around us and south have been without power for 5 days. 34th Street and above, in the main, did not loose power...so like I say we were lucky.
I went for a walk over to the where I normally pickup the 'High Line' at about 30th and 12th Ave. It was closed so I went south into Chelsea to where the galleries are. At about 26th Street I walked west towards the Hudson river, walking along I was passing people sitting outside dark galleries surrounded by paintings trying to dry them. It was a little surreal. As I passed another I saw a man bringing out an A1 portfolio case. He opened it to find everything inside soaking wet, as I passed he just stared at the contents unaware of me. My heart dropped for him, it is so sad. This is such a small moment which is multiplied millions of times, with people loosing so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment