Thursday, August 23, 2012

Well we're here...

Well we’re here!

We are staying at the Hope Lodge on 32nd St while I have some tests done and will be admitted on Sunday.
So far so good, however because of all the insurance appeals etc. took so long I had to repeat some of the tests for my work up. The most annoying/painful was another bone marrow biopsy. This time he had to try a couple of spots as my bone was too hard for him to get through initially…and I believe I get another one 30 days post transplant!
Hope Lodge is great – the people and the place are lovely and to think it is free through donations is absolutely amazing!
Tonight Kristy and I are going out to celebrate her birthday early. One of the stops on this evening schedule will be the Campbell Apartment at Grand Central Station.
This will be my street for a while once they let me out of MSK
Bright and early tomorrow morning I have my line placed as long as ‘placed’ involves some sharp cutting instrument…I remember last time I was a little too chatty for the doctor doing the procedure, I think I may have got extra drugs to keep me quiet!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brian,
    Wow, NYC. Looks much different than Westwood, huh? I am sorry about the extra bone marrow biopsy, I mean really sorry. Do they give drugs for that at MSK? Enjoy your time out for Kristy's birthday. We will be praying you all the way through this!
    Godspeed!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete