Thursday, August 30, 2012

Halfway point...of chemo!

We're halfway done with chemo!! Today he got his 2nd, and last, dose of Melphalan and he also got his first of five doses (one per day) of Fludarabine...so 2 down, 2 to go. Counts are still fine, actually went up today which is kind of weird, but we'll take it. And creatinine is stable at 1.6 for now.

Today started off rough - the first thing he did when he woke up was vomit...no fun. But after that they've been pretty aggressively managing his nausea, so he's actually been sleeping most of the day. I'm confident that he will NOT remember these next few days due to the antinausea medication (Ativan) causing him to sleep and also having that lovely amnesic affect. I, on the other hand, will remember it all. I've often said that they should also seriously consider medicating the caregivers:)
What's missing from this picture?  His IV pole!!  He was free
and then tuckered out after his shower.

Not much really happened today.  The most exciting thing was that they changed all of his IV tubings, so he got to shower without the IV pole. This only happens every 4 days, so he took a nice, long shower and enjoyed it.  Also, we ordered some photos to hang up on his walls and they arrived today, so I got to decorate:)  Tonight my brother, Zach, is coming into town and we're going to have dinner together to celebrate my birthday (which is tomorrow). I'm really excited to see him and to have a little fresh air along with a nice glass of wine!
And a decorated cabinet, too.
Our decorated bulletin board

 

No comments:

Post a Comment