Thursday, August 2, 2012

Making Plans

So the 2 'last ditch' attempts at getting the T-cell depleted have not worked...but another possibility has come up...nothing more on that right now - we'll just see what happens. It is another long shot - and I promise - it is the last this time.
So yesterday I went into clinic to start plan B, a plan for the future. We are going to see if Insurance will allow me to try to collect more cells (collection maybe a problem since chemo makes the process more difficult) as I'm in a 'stringent full remission' at the moment. Kappa light chain number is 1.38 at the moment. We will check on the plasma number but all being well, it is a good time to collect cells with a view to using them for an autologus transplant in the future sometime if need be. Other than that I'll be back on various chemo drugs after collection of cells, first as a consolidation therapy and then maintenance using some of the drugs I've used in the past and maybe a couple that our good friends at the FDA have/will approve in the near future.
So in short, we nearly have a plan, and I'm nearly sure it will be carried out in KC.
Having been off chemo for a while means I'm back to my old self-ish. I feel pretty good and even went for a run this morning. Well a run-walk-run-walk kind of thing which felt great - I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow as it has been a while since I ran - but it'll be worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from you Brian. I choose to believe that God knows best in this situation. Glad you are feeling good! I just read this morning of a new drug that was just approved for refractory myeloma... Starts with a "C" , can't remember the name. :-) I continue to pray that this solution is the best one! Don't forget that God is our Great Physician.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete