So, I got back the RSV test results and I was negative. Kristy and I made the decision for me to stay at home (so I could get some painting done around the house) and Kristy and the kids to move to her parents. So I have been here on my lonesome all week. However I have got lots done. I do have a cough/cold but not RSV instead I have adenovirus. My family will be reunited on Saturday 10 days after James' illness, I'm looking forward to it!
Today went fine Carlos stuck me for my blood test, he got me first time of course, he's great. My levels are still improving, slowly. Hemoglobin is 8.0 up from 7.9, no need for EPO, they are happy to see it progress on its own. Although I was slightly dehydrated (whoops) my creatinine is still coming down 2.15 from 2.19. Platelets and WBC have both dropped a bit probably due to my cough/cold.
My cancer marker from the blood test last week shows as 2.7. This is considered remission as a normal persons number is 1.9. When I was first diagnosed my number was 398 and just before my high dose chemo (Melphlan) it was 8. So in a couple of weeks (around 100 days after transplant) I have further tests which will include a bone marrow biopsy which hopefully will be as positive.
My nausea is getting better, I'm still not eating and drinking normally but I'm getting there and one day soon it will disappear....
Hey Brian and fam,
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear you are split up for the next week. That is absolutely no fun! We are hoping and praying that everyone will be healthy and reunited soon.
Betsy