Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thursday Feb 24th

I had a planned visit to the BMT Clinic tomorrow but ended up going today. Kristy took the kids to the docs this morning and he confirmed Sophie has RSV and James sounds like he is getting it. They should be okay but if I catch it it may be more problematic. It can end up as a RSV pneumonia but only in people with some sort of compromise to their immune system such as new babies and old folks...and me.
So, I went in for an RSV test and also had all the blood tests I had planned for tomorrow. The RSV test will take until tomorrow. But sadly I have to start taking precautions now in case I haven't picked up the virus. It means I have to stay clear of the kids, we're trying to figure out how to do this as I've been back looking after them a lot of the time lately while Kristy has been studying and working.
The blood results were encouraging, creatinine is down again 2.19 from 2.44. I was guessing my hemoglobin was a bit better at around 8 and I wasn't far off, it is 7.9 from 7.6. My WBC was down to 3.8 from 5.2 which could be because I have been fighting off a cold or could be RSV. They checked my cancer markers which normally happens 100 days after transplant and I'm on day 76. I'll get the results from that in 3-5 days. Still nauseated but slowly getting better I think - bloody slowly!

No comments:

Post a Comment