Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday March 27th - Clinic visit

Well the last few days have been a concern, but today is more encouraging. So I got blood and Neupogen (a white blood cell booster) last Friday, then after I showered Saturday morning I found more bruising on my body, called up the BMT clinic and they suggested I come in for platelets which I did. I had blood tests at the clinic at 8.15 this morning because over the last week or so my counts have been dropping.
Well today the count news is better, it looks like they're holding their own and coming back up a little. WBC is up to 0.8 from 0.4, hemoglobin is 7.8 from 6.6 and platelets are 24 up from 12. Even with transfusions last week things were dropping so although the numbers now are bolstered by blood products and drugs - it is good news and I think I'm on the mend. Whatever made my counts drop (virus I'm guessing) is passing or being beaten into submission, which ever picture you prefer.
So Tuesdays blood test will tell us more. Myself I think the Guinness I had last night helped a lot (thanks George!).

1 comment: