![]() | |
| Hello hair! |
100 days since my transplant...wow! It has been a long time coming and when I remember back...well maybe it's best to look forward. I am trying to remember where I thought I'd be at Day 100 and it is hard to recall. I think I am about where I thought I'd be fitness-wise but there are a few issues still hanging around that I didn't think would be...
I thought I'd be able to open the fridge and want to eat everything like I used to but for some reason food still doesn't seem appetizing. My taste for most things is back to normal or near to normal but for some reason I forget to eat and there is still an element of forcing myself to eat because I know I need to eat...every single day! This maybe because of my 'small intestine neuropathy', but to tell you the truth I'm not sure.
My heartrate is still high and that for sure I thought would be back to normal-ish by now. Sadly my resting HR is 92 and although I've been on my bike in the basement for up to an hour my HR is between 150-160 and I'm not going very fast...at all. This is because my hemoglobin was 8.0 last time I checked and it should be 15, so there is a lot less oxygen flying around my body, hence the HR trying to make up the difference! This may come back on it's own or I may need to take some more drugs to encourage a more normal level.
Speaking of drugs I'm still on an antiviral and an antibiotic so I don't get something nasty while my immune system is not 100%, plus some other bits and pieces (multivitamin, folic acid, blood pressure med, etc). These I believe I need to keep taking for another 80 days. They seem to make me feel a little crappy but I've been taking them for so long now I'm not sure what normal feels like.
So to recap, I feel better all the time (in small increments), I have a ton of hair on my head (I never lost eyebrows) and my beard grows quicker than before...which is a surprise. All in all I can't complain and hopefully one of these days the small issues I have now will get sorted.

Very happy to hear the great news! Now just waiting for you to get back the crave for a Guinness!
ReplyDelete