I think things are slowly but surely getting better each day. As I said to a friend today, I can't completely relax and breathe a huge sigh of relief yet, but I've definitely breathed many small to medium sighes lately. Brian is still pretty fatigued, but I think that's going to take a while to come back. But he's generally doing better - eating and drinking more, resting better, getting up and around more, etc. He got up and had a shower today, which really wore him out but at the same time felt really good. Last night he sat up and watched a movie...so he's making strides!
Counts today were ok - creatinine fell to 5.17 and white blood cells came up to 0.5!! These labs alone show that his body is making a fantastic recovery! Platelet count was back down to 6, so he got another unit of platelets and his hemoglobin was 6.9. Potassium level was down to 2.7 (normal is between 3.5-4.5), so he's gotten lots of IV potassium today.
I've included a small picture of his petechiae rash on his arm. The doctor said it should all resolve in about 3 weeks or so when his platelet count is normal. It's nothing that itches or hurts, it's basically little tiny bruises from his capillaries bursting due to his low platelet count...

Guys,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the daily updates. Keep going.
love
the P-M's