Got to lab at 7am, nice and early. I had a bit of a false start this morning as I was congested with a bit of a headache. Not good on first day of transplant, or as they refer to it at the clinic 'day -3'. My labs came back fine, creatinine is now 2.42 which is still going down.
So back to my congestion/cold/sinus issue, they irrigated my nose and collected what they found in a pot (never did that before..). Then I had a CT scan of my face. Back in clinic the docs had a chat and decided to go ahead.
After the premeds and 15 minutes of Melphalan we came home. A 6 hrs day, not too bad I guess.
So I'm sitting here writing this with my new backpack which contains 2 liters of saline fluid which will run over 20hrs and my anti nausea pump should I need it.
I got lots of new drugs to take and a mouthwash to use. It's called magic mouthwash and protects your mouth from sores by some degree, so far all that has happened is my tongue is numb!
I can see myself getting tangled in my tubes in bed tonight. Oh well.
Thinking of you and the family Brian - keep the chin up :)
ReplyDeleteAlways around if you want a chat...
Thanks Patrick
ReplyDeleteGood job on the stem cells! I can't believe you were hooked up to that machine for over 5 hours! I've donated plasma/red blood cells using one of those machines. That takes anywhere from 1/2 hour to an hour and I"m always ready to be unattached! Does that mean they can do more stem cell transplants in the future?
ReplyDeleteWell just wanted you to know I"m thinking and praying for you all. Travis told me about you have to be quarantined essentially and that sounds very difficult! Take care man!
Jason Bahr
It could be worse. Hey thanks, hope all's going well with you. Have they had you out running in this lovely weather?
ReplyDeleteTake care
Man, you are so tough! I am constantly thinking of you guys. I have Sophie's dolls and clothes all ready to go! She may have to pick and choose b/c there are so many. :) That's a good problem to have, right?
ReplyDeleteAnyway, we love you so very much and our prayers are coming in full force!
Peace to you!
ash
Brian and Kristy,
ReplyDeleteWe had a great time hanging out with you all-- eating BBQ and letting the kids play. We've been thinking a lot about you over the last few weeks. Stay strong...and keep taking that mouthwash!
Take Care
Betsy and Brice