Saturday, October 9, 2010

Friday 10.8.10

So here I am 12noon giving you a minute by minute a/c of my visit. Kristy had to work today and therefore had to put my IV in this morning...I nearly made her late. I guess I'm getting harder to stick, third time was a charm though.  According to her my veins are getting "ropey" - can't decide if I like that term or not.
I'm feeling the extra 15mg of Revlimid so hopefully it is doing its job. As always I'm interested to see the Creatinine numbers.
I got on my bike yesterday for the first time in a while. I had been going no higher than HR 130 before needing to get off the bike to stop myself from getting pretty dizzy, my red blood cells weren't carrying enough oxygen - however yesterday 145 was fine for 5-10 minutes! So that is great and a sure sign my body is getting back to a more normal fitness.
Blood taken and all the numbers are good, my RBC count is slightly higher which would a/c for me being able to workout at a higher HR, but with chemo it would be expected to go down.
John came to my appointment with me and we had a bet on the Creatinine, I thought 1.77 (i guess i must be feeling lucky), it came back 1.82 which is down from 1.94. I have a feeling the 25mg of Revlimid is going to knock my Creatinine down a bit more, because of the higher dose I feel more tired and nauseated and my taste buds are going a little crazier than before. Now very little tastes good. However if it does its job the inconvenience will be worth it. Saw the doc he seemed pretty happy with my progress. We were in and out in 2hrs 45mins!
I got another workout in before Sarah left (she was babysitting the kids) and am still able to hit 145 for over 5 mins! So all is good at the moment. I'm trying to workout everyday to see if it helps.
Kristy & I going out to dinner.

John and I doing some art...cause that's what we do.

Daddy eating James' toes!

Photo with Soph.

James and I trying on our Halloween outfits.
Here are some recent pics to liven up this post..

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know we're reading, even if no comments. I guess the burning question is - Do you hang your art on the fridge as well? And if so, is it distinguishable from Sophie and James's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was actually ceramic tiles and they kept them for a display. Kristy did one too and by far mine was the worst. It didn't have the cute factor going on at all which James & Sophie master pretty well.

    ReplyDelete