Friday, October 22, 2010

10.22.10 1st Day of Session 4.

So here we are again on the wonderful ride that is cancer! My appt was at 10am and it's 12 now and we're still in the waiting room....Kristy tried to start my IV this morning and stopped after 3 tries. Sophie was very sweet and held me while Kristy tried to put the IV's in.


Sophie looking after her Dad

I have had my blood taken...and the prize goes to Mary, it took 2 more tries. Still no PICC line needed!
Well the damn Creatinine is 2.35! I'll ask for IV fluids today as I know I'm not drinking enough because of constant nausea, even plain water is tasting bad these days. All the other lab results were fine, so we'll wait and see what the doc says. Blood pressure was high today which is weird as I checked it at home 4-5 days ago and it was pretty much normal.
Dr Ganguly dropped by and said he wanted to lower the Revlimid dose because of the Creatinine level being so high. I asked if I could stay on the same 25mg and get IV fluids to help my kidneys, he agreed. I'm getting some stronger anti-nausea meds as well so I can drink more at home and hopefully bring down the Creatinine again. Somehow I think IV fluid is the way to go.
It was interesting in the waiting room today, it was packed and we got the last two seats. People were talking and sharing their cancer experiences. A really nice bunch of people and very varied stories and stages happening right there, right now...kind of crazy. It felt kind of like a support group, which was funny - one lady even came over and gave Kristy a hug.  It was all a little surreal.
Well I got my wish, Dr Ganguly has written orders for me to get a litre of IV fluid before each of my three remaining chemo treatments. It can't hurt and I can snooze for the 2hrs it takes if I so wish, tough life huh!
We met Beth my Transplant coordinator. She gave me a huge folder about the "do's and don'ts" and all the tests and meetings I'll be having before I'm allowed/can go ahead with the transplant. Beth is really nice as are all the staff. I can't say enough goods things about the people there.
All going well I will post some provisional dates soon for all the fun stuff I'll be getting up to.
So 1L of IV fluids, Dex, Zofran and Velcade later plus meetings with Dr Ganguly and Beth we get to go home, a grand total of 6 hours later!
Back in on Monday or course and I'm accepting bets on the Creatinine numbers, I'm guessing on 1.82. Are you feeling lucky?

2 comments:

  1. God understands our prayers even when we can't find the words to say them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo of Sophie holding onto you while Kristy works on your I.V. Just precious & amazing. thanks for continuing to share your journey.

    ReplyDelete