Monday, October 29, 2012
Hurricane update
Hi, it's Kristy writing this blog post. Brian is unable to get to the main computer room at the Hope Lodge, which is the only place he can write the blog (it's blocked from the wifi there for some reason), so I thought I should write a quick update. I've gotten lots of calls and texts today to ask how Brian is doing despite Hurricane Sandy - I'm happy to report that so far he's doing just fine. They're taking lots of precautions in NYC, so pretty much all of the public transportation has been shut down, several appointments have been cancelled, etc. The Hope Lodge handed out flashlights to everyone and they shut down the elevator in case of power failure (I'm assuming they'll turn it back on tomorrow). Pauline (Brian's sister) went out a day or two ago and stocked up on some essentials (food & water), so they should be fine for a little while. I'll try to put up another post tomorrow, but if I get side tracked please assume that no news is good news. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment