Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Friday 19th - Busy day of tests.

We needed to be up early to beat the traffic, our (my) first test was at 8am. Kristy's Mum and Dad had Sophie and James for a 'sleep over' which made logistics a little easier.
Pulmonary Function Test: went well, my red blood cell count is low so the amount of oxygen being carried around my body is lowered. Good news was I was still in the normal range before they readjusted my results given the lower O2!
Next was 'apheresis' education....(I wiki-ed it) basically we had a look at the room/machine that will separate my stem cells from my blood. I get hooked up to this machine 5 hours a day for 1 or 2 days to 'harvest' the stem cells that get put back in after the high dose chemo has killed off everything else.
X-ray was next chest and jaw, then onto Heart for an EKG and Echo.
I get a lot of results on Wednesday the 24th along with my consent meeting where hopefully all my results are explained and dates are set in stone for the transplant etc.
My heart...or scary face?

Apheresis machine...it's a little noisy. 








 My blood gets warmed up before putting it back in...with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment