This is a week off from chemo, not from coming in here to the hospital. I had a doctors visit at 1:15 and I'm still here at 4:30 and plan to stay until 5:45. I'm hooked up to a saline trip, I'm getting a litre of fluids because of my creatinine level. Which is actually 1.85, so not too bad. I happened to mention how good I felt after the last litre I had so the doctor recommended another. It's kind of a test, if tomorrow I feel 'fit as a fiddle' (which is how I felt last time) I'll be pushing for IV fluids every time I come in. If tomorrow I feel as I did today which was a little blaa I will not be hanging around for fluids on future visits.
I have the added fun of being a hard stick, so getting an IV going today took 6 goes and one wife to get it done (yes, Kristy had to start my IV again). Not the most fun I've had lately. So the bottom line is I'm getting fluid and Kristy will be back in a couple of hours to pick me up.
I would say I'm not a bad patient, I can't say I'm that good either. Especially when it comes to listening to Kristy, she has been telling me for some time now that my left flank pain is probably due to the hematoma caused by the kidney biopsy. Of course when todays doc concurred... I concurred too. And in my head it is much nicer to think of good pain, i.e. nerve endings healing compared to damaged kidneys getting worse. Yet again I have been surprised by how long my day turned out to be, an hour visit became 4.5hrs.
No comments:
Post a Comment