Well today Kristy started my IV at home, she got it first time of course and I couldn't even feel it! Sophie was very interested in this and watched the whole thing. Got in to KU at 11 but things were running slow so they didn't take blood for about an hour. Results were good the creatinine came down to 1.68 which is my lowest reading so far, very happy about that and surprised. I also had a visit from Dr Aljitawi, he introduced himself and said he knew Kristy and that she was a very good nurse (I was getting that impression lately). He was able to tell me I was reacting well to the chemo after just one session which is encouraging. My urine paraproteins (the "myeloma marker" they're looking at) had come down from 121 to 6....which can't be bad! At least we know the chemo is having a good effect.
So no need for IV fluids today! However Aljitawi mentioned he wanted to give me a medication to help reverse the bone damage/lesions caused by myeloma. The drug is Aredia and is given IV over 4 hours.... If my creatinine was 2.38 like on Friday they'd have to do it over 6! So I guess I should consider myself lucky. So, as seems to happen on a regular basis, I'm here for the best part of a day (7.5 hrs). It's all good though, I need my bones and am very happy to be looking after them.
Was on the bike for 30 mins again this morning. It is so funny to me that I can keep a HR of 130 fine, 140 hurts a bit and 150 is beyond me. My hemoglobin is down to 9.1 from a normal of 13 to 17ish, and so cannot carry the much needed oxygen around my body....do you think now is a good time to ask for some EPO?
So here I am for another 2.5 hrs, I just might order up another hot blanket, flatten out my lazyboy and have a snooze...
Good numbers today...makes me happy.
Great news! Very positive progress!
ReplyDeleteCool news!!! Great progress so keep doing whatever it is that brings these results. Blessings. Cathy & Dick
ReplyDelete