Thursday, July 19, 2012

Okay, so a change of plan. We were just about to leave for the airport and I got a call from the transplant coordinator at Sloan Kettering. The first appeal had been rejected and the 2nd appeal will take 1 to 2 weeks so I will not be admitted on Monday. So we stay in Kansas and wait. Just when you think the emotional roller coaster cannot get any steeper....
Anyhoo, I'm happy to be with Sophie and James for longer and they are happy we are here.
For all the people who are due to help us over the next week or two - I am so sorry to change plans at the last minute, but as they say 'it is out of our hands'.

4 comments:

  1. OH NO...Bummer. Hopefully - practice makes perfect. We're still rootin for you. Cathy R

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you and we will pray that the insurance company will come into their right mind and approve the transplant. I just don't understand their rationale! I bet the smile on Sophie and James face made the delay a bit more tolerable:")

    Jessica S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you guys, think of you every day. Erica B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aghhh.
    The roller coaster. But remeber, God' perfect timing. He does know best. You are still at the top of my list. You are right, the car hit my bike and I am am creeping my way up. Cant' tyype very well either but God hears me loud and clear

    God Bless you Broher,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete