Had meeting yesterday with Dr McGuirk - he is just great. Sorted out any issues we had, also pointed to the adenovirus as being the probable cause for the demise of my old marrow but expects with 90%+ that this stem cell boost will work and have me on the mend in the 10-14 days that it normally takes for a transplant to work. This is something Dr McGuirk has seen in the past on numerous occasions so it is not as unusual as I originally thought (I don't want to be anymore 'special' than I already am). He also went through the potential plan B,C, D and I think there may have also been an E, plus the likelyhood of needing these to happen which are small. So a lot of fears were allayed. I got blood yesterday and of course my daily neupogen shot and they also X-rayed my jaw to check it more thoroughly. The jaw x-rays came back fine, no bone problems.
Today my gums are a little worse and have a couple of extra sores so I'll mention that today, I've lost a little weight because eating isn't as pleasurable as it has been but of course my first thought was great, I'll be cycling up hills just a little bit quicker (maybe able to stay close to Kevin's back wheel...in about another 6 months!).
Just got to clinic for my shot and was greeted with "hello beautiful", by one nurse and "hello trouble" by another...today could go either way. Okay so they did a blood test...just in case... and I need platelets, my count was 8, so it looks like I'll be here a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment